Czech patient organisations in Brussel
The representatives of the Czech patient organizations, who are active participants in the AIFP educational project Academy of Patient Organizations, had the opportunity to attend a daylong conference “Why Europe” in the European parliament. The event was held under the auspices of Ms. Kateřina Konečná, Member of the European Parliament (MEP) on Wednesday 7th of June 2017.
The main objective of the meeting was to mediate an opportunity for the Czech patient organizations to learn about European structures and about the benefits of cooperation at the European level.
- Kateřina Konečná, MEP (MEP interest group on Patient Access to Healthcare)
- Andrey Kovatchev, MEP (MEP interest group on Patient Access to Healthcare)
- Biljana Borzan, MEP (MEP interest group on Patient Access to Healthcare)
- Camille Bullot, European Patient`s Forum (EPF)
- Stanimir Hasardzhiev, Patient Access Partnership (PACT)
- Christoph Thalheim, European Multiple Sclerosis Platform (EMSP)
- Martin Seychell, DG SANTE
- Jakub Dvořáček, Executive director of Association of Innovative Pharmaceutical Industry (AIFP)
In the second part of the program, the representatives of the patient organizations were divided into four roundtables within different therapeutic areas, namely oncology, rare diseases, neurology, and psychiatry. Workshops were chaired by representatives of European patient’s umbrella’s organizations. Some of the patient’s organizations from Bulgaria attended the conference
WITHIN THE BRUSELLS’ PROGRAM PATIENTS WERE ALSO INVITED TO THE INFORMAL EVENING MEETING IN THE PRAGUE HOUSE IN BRUSSELS. THE EVENT WAS ATTENDED BY APO PARTICIPANTS AND BY:
- Miloslav Ludvík, Minister of Health of the Czech Republic,
- Lenka Teska Arnoštová, the First Deputy or the Minister of Health of the Czech Republic,
- Representatives of Permanent Representation of the Czech Republic to the European Union,
- European umbrella organizations,
- EFPIA and more.
Description of photos from left to right:
1) Kateřina Konečná, MEP, welcomed and discussed with representatives of Czech patient organizations.
2) Christoph Thalheim from EMPS; Kateřina Konečná, MEP; Camille Bullot from the EPF; Stanimir Hasardzhiev from the PACT; Jakub Dvořáček from Association of Innovative Pharmaceutical Industry
3) Neurology roundtable. Christoph Thalheim from EMPS; Nancy van Hoylandt, European Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Alliance (EMEA) and European Federation of Neurological Associations (EFNA); representatives of Czech patient’s organizations.
4) Rare diseases roundtable. Valentina Bottarelli, EURODIS with representatives of Czech patient organizations.
5) Oncology roundtable. Representatives of “One in 8,” the biggest Bulgarian patient organization with representatives of Czech patient organizations.
6) Meeting at the Prague House in Brussels.
7) Lenka Teska Arnoštová, he First Deputy or the Minister of Health of the Czech Republic; Miloslav Ludvík, Minister of Health of the Czech Republic,
8) Jakub Dvořáček, Executive director of AIFP
9) Marie Salomon, Nevypusť duši (Psychiatric patient organization); Gabriela Tanasan, European Network of Ex/Users and Survivors of Psychiatry (ENUSP)
10) Jana Vičarová; Rodina spolu, Zuzana Komárková, project manager of APO; Kateřina Pintérová, Onko-Amazonky; Eva Knapp, Aliance žen s rakovinou prsu (breast cancer association), Jana Hlaváčová, Ministry of Health of Czech Republic.